Thursday, August 18, 2016

My Life Right Now

It's been a long time since I've blogged... But I'm working on doing things on the internet other than tumblr, which includes keeping up on my blog. I'm going to shoot for at least two blog posts a month, hopefully soon working up to higher numbers than that. I'm going to be doing What I'm Reading posts, book reviews, writing updates, etc. Essentially what I've been posting, just hopefully more frequently.

So for this post, I will try to sum up what I've been doing the last several months since I've posted, and I'll start with what is most definitely the most important update:

I listened to the Hamilton soundtrack.



For anyone not familiar with Hamilton (is there anyone left who isn't familiar with Hamilton???) it's a hip-hop musical written by (the genius) Lin-Manuel Miranda, about none other than Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. Miranda wrote and starred in the musical, and only just recently (July 9th) left the show.

Now, I'm not a hip-hop fan, or a rap fan. Hamilton features those musical genres, but it also includes music that isn't hip-hop/rap. HOWEVER. Even the songs that are hip-hop or rap are absolutely genius. The lyrics are intelligent and funny, and the story deftly intertwines the lives of Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, the Schuyler sister, George Washington and more.

I can't fully express my love for this musical, and it probably deserves its own post. But for right now, just suffice it to say that I listen to the music almost non-stop (HA) and my sister recently described me in four words: "Obsessive over Founding Fathers."


Another big development: I finished my second year of college, graduating with an AA in Education. I'm transferring to a four year college to finish my Bachelors, and I start really soon. A lot of my friends are going to the same school, so I'm excited about that. When I first graduated from high school and started college, I didn't know anyone at my school, so that's one huge difference.

Another difference between my first and third years of college include the fact that now, I've actually experienced college and know what to expect. I know how to juggle my homework schedule, and I'm less scared I'll forget to go to class. Of course, now with my first online classes, there's always the chance I'll forget about those...


I spent a big chunk of my summer in someone else's home... I got a job as a nanny. The kids were adorable and smart, and boy were they FUNNY. I had so much fun hanging out with those kids all summer, driving them around, playing games (who knew there were so many different types of tag???) and cooking them lunch most days. It was exhausting, but so much fun.


One last fun adventure:

A few weeks ago, I drove a couple hours with my friend Mary to see another friend of ours, Charlie. We spent the day walking around downtown, eating fun food, and talking. Then, as we were driving back to Charlie's house to drop him off and hit the road for home, we got a flat tire. By some strange coincidence (Thank you, Jesus) my parents had also driven two hours to the city that day, and I was able to call them to come help us. We got on the road about 90 minutes later than we'd intended, and we had to drive slowly on the spare tire to get home, but we made it safe and sound, and the day was still a blast.


Those are the major events that have been happening in my life lately, aside from the lives I've been living in the books I'm reading. I'll update you all on those lives here pretty soon. ;)


1 comment:

  1. What's your name, man?


    Looking forward to more posts ... just you wait.

    ReplyDelete