Wednesday, February 26, 2014

First Post!

Hi!
This is my first post (obviously) on my new blog, Come, Do Battle With Words. I am very excited, because I have not actively kept a blog for a long time.

On this blog, I will talk about writing, reading, quoting, and being considered a "nerd."

I will tell you a little about myself! My name is Liz, and yes, I am a nerd. But I don't take that as an insult. I think being a nerd is cool, because basically it means you get excited about stuff, and you like learning. What's wrong with that? I am a nerd about many things, including Harry Potter, Jane Austen, BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Rick Riordan books.

I am a writer, and I have written a total of three novels through NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and two novellas before that. I am currently in the process of writing several short stories, as well as the sequel to my 2013 NaNoWriMo novel. I am also trying to work up the courage to dive back into my 2013 novel, and begin revisions.

So, I guess I should thank you for visiting Come, and I hope you will comment and visit again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy,
    I'm a fan already with this wonderfully colorful background you have selected for your blog!
    Like mother like daughter in this writing world of yours! I look forward to reading your blog. Will you consider viewing mine here embellishbyandrea.com? That is my webpage but I've started to blog there as well. :-) Hugs from one creative soul to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, too, and I particularly like the title you came up with! I also love the Nerd Power. :)

    ReplyDelete