Thursday, February 27, 2014

Writing With Music

I write with music. Always. I just do. I don't feel like I can't write without music, but I really love having it play in the background.

I know people who say they can't write with music, and my mom can only write with instrumentals. But I will listen to anything and everything.

But what I listen to really depends on what I'm writing. If I'm breaking my heart with a character death, it doesn't help to have "Under the Sea" from "The Little Mermaid" bouncing in my ears. I need something like "With You" from the musical "Ghost." Right now, just so you know, I'm listening to "Better Dig Two" by The Band Perry.

When I was writing my most recent NaNo (working title: Labyrinth) I put together a playlist specifically for that novel. That was all I listened to while I wrote that novel, and I haven't listened to it since. I now have a playlist for my other writing. It's mostly sad songs, because, honestly, that's what I write.

1 comment: