Tuesday, March 7, 2017

What I'm Reading (March 2017)

I've been in a reading slump lately, and during January and February I probably started and put down at least ten books. But I think I'm finally out of it, and I'm finally reading again! So here's a list of some different things I've been reading:

Currently reading:

All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr:
I'm only about 70 pages into this book (it's big), but it's very good so far. It tells two different stories from WWII, one of a girl from France, and one of a boy from Germany. It's an interesting book, and I'm excited to see where it goes.


Rereading:

The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah:
Okay, so I haven't actually started my reread of this yet, but I'm planning to either today or tomorrow. I don't know why I'm going to put myself through it again, considering how much it made me cry the first time, but I love it so much I can't help it.

Recently read:

Shutter Island, by Dennis Lehane:
Wow, this book was a major mind-flip. I kind of knew what was coming, because of spoilers I got a long, long time ago, but I still had trouble following the reveal. It was wild, and not really believable. I wanted to like it a lot more than I actually did.


The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, by Tom Angleberger:
Now here was a book I loved. The book is written as a case file put together by a boy trying to figure out what's really going on with an origami Yoda his classmate carries around. There's a sequel, Darth Paper Strikes Back, which I haven't read yet, but want to. The book is funny and sweet, and I loved reading it.


The Light Between Oceans, by M. L. Stedman:
I don't even know what to say about this book. It was so beautiful, but it was also so incredibly depressing and hard to read. I loved it, but I wanted to throw it across the room a few times. It's not a book I would say I enjoyed, but it was definitely worth the read.



Hopefully it won't be another year before I post one of these again! I'm going to try and write one at least once a month, but we'll see if that plan sticks.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, The Light Between Oceans. Painful, beautiful, so good.

    ReplyDelete