Friday, March 24, 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo

Hello, all!

Short post today; I really just want to talk about my plans for Camp NaNoWriMo next month.

I'm so excited! I only decided to do it today, because I've had this story idea swirling around in my head for the last few days, and I finally decided that I'm going to do it. I'm probably crazy, because next month is going to be really busy, but I honestly don't care. I can't wait. Plus, April 1st is a Saturday, so I'll be able to get ahead of the game that day and the next.

I've been really into writing my own fairy tales for a while now, and recently I decided to try my hand at rewriting one of my favorite Disney movies fairy tales: Beauty and the Beast.

Here's my story summary:

For hundreds of years, the kingdom of LaBete lived in peace, ruled by the Lyon royal family. But on one cold, wet night, everything changed.

All her life, Belle has known nothing more than the simplicity her village offers. Her world consists of trips to the market, reading her books, dodging fellow villager Victor, and being with her father. She has always heard stories of the mysterious vanishing of the Lyon royal family, but she has never believed the rumors that a beast now inhabits the old castle. 

One winter, Belle's father doesn't return from a trip. She goes looking for him, and soon discovers that his path leads to the front gates of the old castle, hidden deep in the woods. Inside the castle, she learns the truth of what happened all those years ago to the Lyon prince, and the truth about the rumors of a beast prowling the halls of the castle, waiting for its prey.

In one night, with one decision, Belle's life is changed forever. She can never return to the simple life she had before, whether she wants to or not. She is forced into a new role, and it will take all of her strength to survive on her own in this new world of magic and monsters.



I can't wait to start writing!


--Liz

1 comment: