Monday, April 14, 2014

What I'm Reading

I've got a never-ending list of books, and not enough time to read them all. These are just a few of the books I've been reading.


I'm working my way through The Series of Unfortunate Events, and I'm loving them. I'm on book nine. I've never read them before, and Lemony Snicket's humor has me in stitches. I love the intricacies of the story, and the way the plot lines blend together almost seamlessly.

At night, I'm reading Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg to my little sister, Kay. I've read this book so many times, and I love it. Kay has never actually read it, and I love being able to read it to her for the first time.

I started My Ãntonia this morning, and I'm really enjoying it. There's not much I can say about it at this point, because I've only read the first fifty pages. But I love the style of Willa Cather's writing, and the forming friendship between Tony and Jimmy.

I cried for the last twenty pages of The Book Thief. I adored this book. Every character became so real to me, and I loved them all. Max, Liesel, Rosa, Rudy, Hans. Each one of them. I just wanted to scoop them up and keep them safe from everything.

In my TBR (to be read) pile, I have The Raft, which is a reread for my book group. I really enjoyed this book, by S.A. Bodeen. It's about a girl whose plane crashes, and she ends up on a raft with the only other survivor, Max, the copilot. Very intense, very good book.


What are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. We are ALL about Lemony Snicket in our house, and he has a new series called All the Wrong Questions that is even wittier than Unfortunate Events. I am going to check out some of the other titles you have suggested. The Raft sounds intriguing. I also LOVED The Book Thief. Her "papa" was my favorite character. I just loved him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out All the Wrong Questions!

      Delete
  2. Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg, ahhhhhhh! I love that book. I love Prilla. I wish she were MY fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I think Prilla is the reason that I don't like the second one as much, because she's not the central character. And I don't know, the first book just had a charm the second didn't quote seem to grasp.

    ReplyDelete